“Art is literacy of the heart” Elliot Eisner / “Arte não é pureza; é purificação, não é liberdade; é libertação.” Clarice Lispector

segunda-feira, 27 de maio de 2013

Peace always begins with a smile and flowers

I was supposed to  do something related to American patriotism , a love of my own country,or it could be connected with my views on war, or even peace. I decided to do something which would show how I see peace: one of the most beautiful words I have ever heard in my life. After facing some years of dictatorship, I can say that Peace, Freedom and Love are the most important words in one's life.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
Martin Luther king

Credits to Bel's Scrap. Ellen de Mai and Free Spirit. Thanks so much for your lovely freebies.

For Inspiration Avenue Challenge - Memorial Day


Poetic Postcards
 photo pp3.jpg

3 comentários:

  1. Karla, your words are so touching and true. And your art piece absolutely stunning and beautiful. The man's helmet and boots have got ny lovely outlook. Great art piece, love it xxx

    ResponderExcluir
  2. This was such a poignant tribute to the idea of peace. I love the quote by M. L. King. Your image does portray your view that Peace, Freedom, and Love are very important in your life and I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you for participating.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I'm SO sorry I missed this earlier. This is a beautiful piece that I remember from several years ago. I was shocked that you had to live under a dictatorship, and how important peace and freedom are in our lives, even though I've never had to experience war (or a lack of freedom) first hand. Another thing that impressed me was how colorful you made the soldier and the little girl. I believe that represents HOPE. Your art was poignant and incredibly symbolic in many ways. Thanks for sharing it as this month's second look on the 2nd.

    ResponderExcluir

Thank you for your lovely comment! It means a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...